Building located in one of the most significant sites of the city, la Puerta del Sol, at the corner of Enmedio high street. The institution was founded with the name of Casino de Castellón in 1814 and it was not until 1876 that it changed to its current location, changing its name to Old Casino Club.
The building as it is known today is the result of the winning proposal by Joaquim Moragas and Francesc Maristany in the competition held in 1922. After several refurbishments undertaken in 1948 and 1969, the current commission consists in the redoing of the cafeteria and restaurant at ground floor next to the garden. This intervention recognizes the uniqueness of the institution, proposing a balanced interior design solution, which combines classic and modern styles precisely. In this context we believe the modern classic style is the most modern and appropriate solution.
Coauthor: Biel Castelló
Photos: Iker Arana